WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
The driver and a passenger suffered non life-threatening injuries and were taken to Northern Westchester Hospital.
The car overturned after it hit what the driver called an earth embankment around 4:29 p.m. Wednesday. Both occupants were trapped in the overturned car, and were removed by emergency personnel, Dickans said.
Cross River Road was closed between Mount Holly Road and Holly Branch Road from 4:50 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing