BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Buchanan Board of Trustees will not abolish the Office of Village Justice, according to a report from The Examiner News.
The move is a cost-saving measure, according to the report. Buchanan Mayor Sean Murray held the sole vote supporting the resolution that would have removed Justice Jennifer Daly on April 6, according to the report.
“I had no idea about this,” said Daly in the Examiner News report. “I guess that is how things are done in the village as we are seeing tonight.”
- 1 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe
- 2 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center Parking Lot
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital