BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Buchanan Board of Trustees will not abolish the Office of Village Justice, according to a report from The Examiner News.
The move is a cost-saving measure, according to the report. Buchanan Mayor Sean Murray held the sole vote supporting the resolution that would have removed Justice Jennifer Daly on April 6, according to the report.
“I had no idea about this,” said Daly in the Examiner News report. “I guess that is how things are done in the village as we are seeing tonight.”
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Cortlandt On Wednesday
- 2 Taconic State Parkway Reopens After Closure In Dutchess
- 3 Cortlandt Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Hen Hud Schools Will Be Closed, Croton Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287