BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Buchanan Board of Trustees will not abolish the Office of Village Justice, according to a report from The Examiner News.
The move is a cost-saving measure, according to the report. Buchanan Mayor Sean Murray held the sole vote supporting the resolution that would have removed Justice Jennifer Daly on April 6, according to the report.
“I had no idea about this,” said Daly in the Examiner News report. “I guess that is how things are done in the village as we are seeing tonight.”
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Cortlandt Mother Says Westchester County Jail Neglected Sick Son
- 4 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway