WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino and the Department of Consumer Protection are encouraging residents who lost phone, cable, satellite or other services because of Hurricane Sandy to ask their providers if they are entitled to credit or a waiver of extra fees.
“Most service providers will not automatically credit the accounts of their customers,” said John Gaccione, acting director of the county Department of Consumer Protection. “Consumers may miss out on possible account credit or fee waivers by not asking.”
Here is contact information provided by the department:
Landline Phone Companies
Wireless Phone Companies
- Sprint: www.sprint.com
- AT&T: www.att.com
- Verizon wireless: www22.verizon.com/support/residential/homepage.htm
Cable and Satellite Companies
- Cablevision: www.optimum.com
- Verizon Fios www22.verizon.com/support/residential/homepage.htm
- Comcast: www.comcast.com/hurricaneseason
- DirecTV: www.directtv.com Network customers should visit the company’s support page.