CORTLANDT, N.Y. - A retired postal worker from Cortlandt Manor will collect $18 million in lottery winnings Thursday at Yonkers' Empire City Casino.
Lottery officials will not release the man's name until Thursday, but the ticket was purchased at Croton's Riverside Deli on Old Albany Post Road. Lottery officials announced the deli sold the winning ticket in early July, and for nearly one month the ticket went unclaimed.
New York Lottery's Yolanda Vega will present the winner of the July 7 Lotto drawing with an oversized check worth $18 million.
- 1 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital