YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Two scouts from Troop 238 in Shrub Oak were honored Sunday for reaching the highest level of scouting.
Andrew Barbaretti, a senior at Lakeland High School, and Domenick Velardi, a senior at Fordham Prep, had their Court of Honor for achieving the rank of Eagle Scout. Barbaretti became an Eagle Scout on Jan. 6, while Velardi earned the same achievement on Nov. 15, 2011.
"This is a huge accomplishment for me and I'm honored to be an Eagle Scout," said Barbaretti, who, like Velardi, resides in Cortlandt.
Barbaretti, who has enjoyed the many scout camping trips and hikes over the years, reached his scouting milestone by completing a garden renovation at Oakside Elementary School in Peekskill. The renovation included building and installing new wooden benches, weeding, mulching, cutting down trees and plantings.
Velardi's Eagle Scout project involved creating a hiking trail at the Sylvan Glen Nature Preserve in Mohegan Lake that included trail marking, clearing and side hilling.
- 1 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway