BUCHANAN, N.Y. - Alfred D. Roush, Sr., of Buchanan and life member of the Buchanan Fire Department, died Feb. 13. He was 75.
Roush was born Sept. 9, 1936 in Franklin, Minn. to Robert Roy and Agatha. After school, he enlisted in the Army and was stationed at West Point. There, he served as a SP4-E4 sharp shooter.
Following his military service, Roush was employed as a butcher at A&P and IGA supermarkets until his retirement. He enjoyed fishing and crabbing with family and friends.
He is survived by his daughters Judeann Roush of Buchanan and Janeellen of Peekskill, his sons Alfred (Ann Shirley) Roush, Jr. of Buchanan and Andrew (Kelly) Roush of Buchanan, four brothers, six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral mass will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The FASNY Firemen's Home, 125 Harry Howard Ave., Hudson, NY 12534.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Sprain Brook Wrong-Way Crash
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield