BUCHANAN, N.Y. - Alfred D. Roush, Sr., of Buchanan and life member of the Buchanan Fire Department, died Feb. 13. He was 75.
Roush was born Sept. 9, 1936 in Franklin, Minn. to Robert Roy and Agatha. After school, he enlisted in the Army and was stationed at West Point. There, he served as a SP4-E4 sharp shooter.
Following his military service, Roush was employed as a butcher at A&P and IGA supermarkets until his retirement. He enjoyed fishing and crabbing with family and friends.
He is survived by his daughters Judeann Roush of Buchanan and Janeellen of Peekskill, his sons Alfred (Ann Shirley) Roush, Jr. of Buchanan and Andrew (Kelly) Roush of Buchanan, four brothers, six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral mass will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The FASNY Firemen's Home, 125 Harry Howard Ave., Hudson, NY 12534.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Police Chase, Apprehend Robber At Cortlandt Town Center