BUCHANAN, N.Y. - Alfred D. Roush, Sr., of Buchanan and life member of the Buchanan Fire Department, died Feb. 13. He was 75.
Roush was born Sept. 9, 1936 in Franklin, Minn. to Robert Roy and Agatha. After school, he enlisted in the Army and was stationed at West Point. There, he served as a SP4-E4 sharp shooter.
Following his military service, Roush was employed as a butcher at A&P and IGA supermarkets until his retirement. He enjoyed fishing and crabbing with family and friends.
He is survived by his daughters Judeann Roush of Buchanan and Janeellen of Peekskill, his sons Alfred (Ann Shirley) Roush, Jr. of Buchanan and Andrew (Kelly) Roush of Buchanan, four brothers, six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral mass will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The FASNY Firemen's Home, 125 Harry Howard Ave., Hudson, NY 12534.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Cortlandt Skies Sunday
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 69-Year-Old Attacked, Injured In Putnam Valley Home Invasion
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend