MONTROSE, N.Y. — A Montrose resident is $50,000 richer, thanks to the New York Lottery.
Guillermo Ayala, of Montrose, purchased a "$5,000,000 Cash!" scratch-off game from the Montrose Post Road Deli, 2119 Albany Post Road. He won $50,000 cash, the New York Lottery announced Monday. He will have to collect at one of the lottery's stand-alone customer service centers, the nearest of which are in Fishkill and Manhattan.
"People hit a few times," said Abdul Majeed, who owns both the Montrose Post Road Deli and the Montrose Deli. But in the three years he's owned the Post Road Deli, Majeed said, he believes $50,000 is the most anyone's ever won.
Manny Hamidek, a seven-year Montrose resident, said he buys lottery tickets almost exclusively at the two delis. "The tickets here are always good, like those two spots are just awesome," he said.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Cortlandt