MONTROSE, N.Y. — A Montrose resident is $50,000 richer, thanks to the New York Lottery.
Guillermo Ayala, of Montrose, purchased a "$5,000,000 Cash!" scratch-off game from the Montrose Post Road Deli, 2119 Albany Post Road. He won $50,000 cash, the New York Lottery announced Monday. He will have to collect at one of the lottery's stand-alone customer service centers, the nearest of which are in Fishkill and Manhattan.
"People hit a few times," said Abdul Majeed, who owns both the Montrose Post Road Deli and the Montrose Deli. But in the three years he's owned the Post Road Deli, Majeed said, he believes $50,000 is the most anyone's ever won.
Manny Hamidek, a seven-year Montrose resident, said he buys lottery tickets almost exclusively at the two delis. "The tickets here are always good, like those two spots are just awesome," he said.
- 1 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 4 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48