MONTROSE, N.Y. - The Hendrick Hudson Free Library is extending its hours on Sunday to accommodate residents affected by Hurricane Sandy.
The library will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Normally, the library is open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
A concert scheduled for Sunday has been canceled.
"We feel it's more important right now to make the space available to those who need it most," Assistant Library Director Risa Getman said in an email.
The library has power and Wi-Fi, and Getman said it has been extraordinarily busy since the storm.
The Croton Free Library remained closed Friday because the facility is still without power.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield