CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. -- The West Lakeland Girl Scout Council recently celebrated the third annual Court of Awards, where members were honored.
The ceremony was held at Lakeland High School and led by West Lakeland community manager Maureen Delia Connolly.
The council recognized more than 300 Girl Scouts completing the 2013-14 year. Troops earned bronze, silver and gold awards.
Two Junior Scouts from troop 2011, Emily Attinger and Alyssa Brundage, spoke about being a Girl Scout and earning a bronze award.
Daisy Troop 2426 had a tearful farewell to their co-leader Amanda Cox and Daisy Girl Scout Grace Cox, who are moving to Michigan.
Gold award senior scouts recipients and candidates were Jasmine Berrios, Meagan McCarron, Sarah Falcone, and Alyssa Repetto, who have now bridged over to Adult Girl Scouts.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents