VERPLANCK, N.Y. - Longtime Verplanck and Peekskill resident, Robert E. Shubert, died Dec. 19. He was 80.
Shubert served in the U.S. Navy with the Seabees during the Korean Conflict. On Nov. 29, 1957, he married Emily Keefe at St. Patrick's Church in Verplanck.
A member of Local Union 163, Shubert was a carpenter in Peekskill. He was an artist and he enjoyed painting. He was also a former member of the Model Airplane Club. For the last six years, he received care from Somers Manor. His family extends their appreciation to the staff there, especially Ivy.
Survivors include his sons Robert E. Shubert, Jr. and Thomas Shubert, his daughter Linda (Robert) Davis, his sister Rosemarie Wheeler and five grandchildren. He was predeceased by his brother Edward Shubert.
The family will receive friends from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill. A funeral service will take place at the funeral home on Friday at 11 a.m., followed by interment at Hillside Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Yorktown, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach