CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Emmeram "Emil" Piehler, a longtime Peekskill and Cortlandt resident, died May 10 at his home in Cortlandt Manor, surrounded by family. He was 69.
Piehler worked as an electrician for 45 years before retiring.
Born May 20, 1942, he married Barbara Jean Higgins May 28, 1966 at Church of the Assumption in Peekskill, where he was an usher for 45 years. Piehler was a member of Local 3 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
He enjoyed landscaping and caring for his yard. He was a member of the German American Club and loved dancing with Die Bergler Schuhplattlers.
Piehler is survived by his wife; two sons, Richard (Ruth) Piehler and Edward (Dianne) Piehler; a daughter, Deborah (Frank) Ramundo; three brothers, Franz, Josef and Isidor Piehler; three sisters, Barbara Reger, Kathy Zimmermann and Annie Fickert; and six grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Monday at E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Assumption Church, followed by burial in Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Hen Hud Cheerleaders Take First Place At County Center Invitational
- 3 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 4 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 5 Police Seek Suspect In Robberies In Peekskill, Ossining