CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Students at Pierre Van Cortlandt Middle School gave thanks recently with an early Thanksgiving Dinner.
Students in Dan Large’s life skills class and Richard Norris’s BOCES class recently celebrated Thanksgiving by organizing and enjoying their own holiday feast, with all of the traditional fixings and festivity.
Accompanied by students from Carrie E. Tompkins Elementary School, the PVC students visited the local ShopRite to purchase the food for their feast. While there, they learned about unit pricing, how goods are labeled, and how a grocery store is arranged.
Upon their return to school they learned how to prepare and enjoy a Thanksgiving meal. Students also discussed the true meaning of Thanksgiving and all that they have to be thankful for.
- Submitted to The Daily Voice by Terri Gilberti.
Do you have news you'd like to share with The Daily Voice? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident
- 2 Cortlandt Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Cortlandt
- 4 Federal Agency Approves Controversial Algonquin Pipeline Expansion
- 5 Firefighters Battle Peekskill Blaze That Displaces 13