CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. — Croton resident and Bloomberg LP co-founder Thomas Secunda has been named No. 347 on Forbes 400, Richest People In America list.
The list, published in September, calculates his net worth at $1.3 billion and called him a "self-made man."
The SUNY-Binghamton grad met Michael Bloomberg at Salomon Brothers, where he was once a researcher, according to Forbes. Bloomberg LP was named Innovative Market Systems before it was renamed in 1982. Currently, Secunda is vice chairman and global head of financial products and services at Bloomber. His partner is now mayor of New York City.
The Secunda Family Foundation, which he heads with wife Cindy, donates to arts, education, health and Jewish causes, according to Forbes. He was awarded the Simon Wiesenthal Center's Humanitarian Award in March.
Secunda also sits on the Westchester County Parks, Recreation and Conservation Board, the Intrepid Museum Foundation and is chairman of the National Parks Conservation Association Board of Trustees.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation