CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. — Croton resident and Bloomberg LP co-founder Thomas Secunda has been named No. 347 on Forbes 400, Richest People In America list.
The list, published in September, calculates his net worth at $1.3 billion and called him a "self-made man."
The SUNY-Binghamton grad met Michael Bloomberg at Salomon Brothers, where he was once a researcher, according to Forbes. Bloomberg LP was named Innovative Market Systems before it was renamed in 1982. Currently, Secunda is vice chairman and global head of financial products and services at Bloomber. His partner is now mayor of New York City.
The Secunda Family Foundation, which he heads with wife Cindy, donates to arts, education, health and Jewish causes, according to Forbes. He was awarded the Simon Wiesenthal Center's Humanitarian Award in March.
Secunda also sits on the Westchester County Parks, Recreation and Conservation Board, the Intrepid Museum Foundation and is chairman of the National Parks Conservation Association Board of Trustees.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 3 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 4 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 5 Tractor-Trailer Carrying Fuel Crashes On Route 6N, Igniting Fire