CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. -- Josh Shea of Cortlandt Manor and Timmy Hansen of Wellington, Fla., swept all five racquetball matches in round robin play to win the under-10 doubles national title at the 2014 Wilson Junior Olympic Championships at the Highlands Ranch Recreation Center.
The duo clinched the victory by winning the first two games of the best-of-three match by scores of 15-9 and 15-1.
Shea and Hansen defeated the national runner-up team of Nikhil Prasad of Fremont, Calif., and Vedant Chauhan of San Ramon, Calif.,
Shea and Hansen outscored opponents by a cumulative score of 150-24 in the five matches and won all their games.
Hansen won the doubles championship on the same court where he had just finished as the national runner-up in the under-10 singles division. He also finished third in the under-14 doubles division with Jonathan Maupin of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Shea will play in the third-place match for the under-10 singles division today at noon, MDT. He finished No. 11 in the under-12 singles championship.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton No Longer At Hospital
- 5 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three