CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. -- Brad Ettinger, a Cortlandt Manor resident, participated in powerlifting and placed first at the Crossfit Bastion SPF Summer Showdown on Saturday, June 28, at Huntington Station, Long Island.
He was classified within the 198-pound weight class, raw with wraps. He finished the competition totaling 1,715 with a 625-pound squat, 440-pound bench press and a 650-pound deadlift, which qualified him for the RAW Classics Powerlifting Championships to be held in Miami in February.
Ettinger's score also qualifies him to be ranked 12th in the nation for overall total in the 198-pound class raw with wraps.
Ettinger is the coach as well as a competitor for the Adrenalin Power Lifting Club through Adrenalin Gym in Peekskill. He intends to compete in the Manzo Powerlifting championships to be hosted at Adrenalin on Saturday, July 19, along with the many other powerlifters on the Adrenalin Powerlifting team.
He is also a personal trainer at Adrenalin gym.
Ettinger is also sponsored as an athlete for Dinosaur Nutrition Labs in Amherst, N,Y.
Ettinger graduated from Walter Panas High School in 2007 and attended SUNY Cortland, where he received his bachelor's degree in exercise science in 2011.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester