CORTLANDT, N.Y. – Citizens interested in becoming more active in Cortlandt town government have a chance to apply for a position in the Parks, Recreation and Conservation Advisory Board.
The 10 member board is aiming to appoint a resident for a three year term. Members are selected based on an interest in parks and recreation programs of the town, and are selected from different parts of the Town of Cortlandt.
The advisory board recommends personnel specifications, make recommendations with respect to parks, recreation and conservation programs, and helps formulate long-range plans.
Capital projects, fees, open space acquisitions and facilities recommendations are all part of this board's duties. Meetings take place once a month.
Interested residents should send a letter of interest, including a description of the interested party's background, and a resume to Recreation Director, John Palmiotto, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters should be received by Friday, Aug. 31, 2012.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday