CORTLANDT, N.Y. – Citizens interested in becoming more active in Cortlandt town government have a chance to apply for a position in the Parks, Recreation and Conservation Advisory Board.
The 10 member board is aiming to appoint a resident for a three year term. Members are selected based on an interest in parks and recreation programs of the town, and are selected from different parts of the Town of Cortlandt.
The advisory board recommends personnel specifications, make recommendations with respect to parks, recreation and conservation programs, and helps formulate long-range plans.
Capital projects, fees, open space acquisitions and facilities recommendations are all part of this board's duties. Meetings take place once a month.
Interested residents should send a letter of interest, including a description of the interested party's background, and a resume to Recreation Director, John Palmiotto, at email@example.com. Letters should be received by Friday, Aug. 31, 2012.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 4 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Police Activity Results In Closure Of Route 6N