CORTLANDT, N.Y. – Citizens interested in becoming more active in Cortlandt town government have a chance to apply for a position in the Parks, Recreation and Conservation Advisory Board.
The 10 member board is aiming to appoint a resident for a three year term. Members are selected based on an interest in parks and recreation programs of the town, and are selected from different parts of the Town of Cortlandt.
The advisory board recommends personnel specifications, make recommendations with respect to parks, recreation and conservation programs, and helps formulate long-range plans.
Capital projects, fees, open space acquisitions and facilities recommendations are all part of this board's duties. Meetings take place once a month.
Interested residents should send a letter of interest, including a description of the interested party's background, and a resume to Recreation Director, John Palmiotto, at email@example.com. Letters should be received by Friday, Aug. 31, 2012.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'