MONTROSE, N.Y. – More than 75 people attended the Cortlandt Engine Company's Christmas tree lighting ceremony Friday evening, despite rainy weather and temperatures in the low 40s.
The Ladies Auxiliary Club provided hot cocoa, sweets and a raffle, and Santa Claus made an appearance. The Cortlandt Engine Company also hosted long-time Hendrick Hudson High School football coach Paul Natale, as the guest of honor. Natale is known locally as "Coach Nate." The coach retired last year.
"I had great pleasure in teaching the young men and women of this district for 42 years," said Natale, who said he hoped to serve the district for another 42 years.
The Hendrick Hudson High School Treble Chorus also sang.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed