MONTROSE, N.Y. – More than 75 people attended the Cortlandt Engine Company's Christmas tree lighting ceremony Friday evening, despite rainy weather and temperatures in the low 40s.
The Ladies Auxiliary Club provided hot cocoa, sweets and a raffle, and Santa Claus made an appearance. The Cortlandt Engine Company also hosted long-time Hendrick Hudson High School football coach Paul Natale, as the guest of honor. Natale is known locally as "Coach Nate." The coach retired last year.
"I had great pleasure in teaching the young men and women of this district for 42 years," said Natale, who said he hoped to serve the district for another 42 years.
The Hendrick Hudson High School Treble Chorus also sang.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester