MONTROSE, N.Y. – More than 75 people attended the Cortlandt Engine Company's Christmas tree lighting ceremony Friday evening, despite rainy weather and temperatures in the low 40s.
The Ladies Auxiliary Club provided hot cocoa, sweets and a raffle, and Santa Claus made an appearance. The Cortlandt Engine Company also hosted long-time Hendrick Hudson High School football coach Paul Natale, as the guest of honor. Natale is known locally as "Coach Nate." The coach retired last year.
"I had great pleasure in teaching the young men and women of this district for 42 years," said Natale, who said he hoped to serve the district for another 42 years.
The Hendrick Hudson High School Treble Chorus also sang.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Yorktown, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach