BEDFORD, N.Y.— Bedford singer Collin McLoughlin, may have lost Monday night's battle round on NBC's “The Voice” against fellow Team Adam member Bryan Keith, but he is not going home just yet. McLoughlin will continue on as a member of country star Blake Shelton's team.
After McLoughlin and Keith sang a duet of Sublime's bouncy reggae-tinged tune "Santeria," which they had performed on "The Today Show" earlier that day, Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine chose Keith, a 23-year-old singer from the Bronx, over McLoughlin, 24.
Shelton was leaning toward McLoughlin to win, but popstar Christina Aguilera and soul singer Cee Lo Green both favored Keith as the winner because of his more laidback vibe. While all agreed McLoughlin attacked the song with passion, three thought Keith's interpretation of the song worked better.
Although McLoughlin was eliminated from Levine's team, another of the four celebrity coaches had the chance to pick him up for his or her team. Shelton and Green both wanted McLoughlin, but he chose to go with Shelton.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend