BEDFORD, N.Y.— Bedford singer Collin McLoughlin, may have lost Monday night's battle round on NBC's “The Voice” against fellow Team Adam member Bryan Keith, but he is not going home just yet. McLoughlin will continue on as a member of country star Blake Shelton's team.
After McLoughlin and Keith sang a duet of Sublime's bouncy reggae-tinged tune "Santeria," which they had performed on "The Today Show" earlier that day, Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine chose Keith, a 23-year-old singer from the Bronx, over McLoughlin, 24.
Shelton was leaning toward McLoughlin to win, but popstar Christina Aguilera and soul singer Cee Lo Green both favored Keith as the winner because of his more laidback vibe. While all agreed McLoughlin attacked the song with passion, three thought Keith's interpretation of the song worked better.
Although McLoughlin was eliminated from Levine's team, another of the four celebrity coaches had the chance to pick him up for his or her team. Shelton and Green both wanted McLoughlin, but he chose to go with Shelton.
- 1 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 2 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Cortlandt Route 9 Detail
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls