BEDFORD, N.Y.— Bedford singer Collin McLoughlin, may have lost Monday night's battle round on NBC's “The Voice” against fellow Team Adam member Bryan Keith, but he is not going home just yet. McLoughlin will continue on as a member of country star Blake Shelton's team.
After McLoughlin and Keith sang a duet of Sublime's bouncy reggae-tinged tune "Santeria," which they had performed on "The Today Show" earlier that day, Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine chose Keith, a 23-year-old singer from the Bronx, over McLoughlin, 24.
Shelton was leaning toward McLoughlin to win, but popstar Christina Aguilera and soul singer Cee Lo Green both favored Keith as the winner because of his more laidback vibe. While all agreed McLoughlin attacked the song with passion, three thought Keith's interpretation of the song worked better.
Although McLoughlin was eliminated from Levine's team, another of the four celebrity coaches had the chance to pick him up for his or her team. Shelton and Green both wanted McLoughlin, but he chose to go with Shelton.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home