WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Irvington resident Meredith Vieira will fill in for Bob Costas on Friday evening's Olympic coverage on NBC, becoming the first woman to anchor the primetime coverage by herself.
Costas is sidelined with an eye infection he has been battling since the start of the Olympics. Matt Lauer has filled in for Costas who is not anchoring the Olympics for the first time since 1988 due to the ailment.
Vieira, the former co-host of NBC's "Today," co-hosted the opening ceremonies of the Olympics with Lauer.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home