PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Maureen Horton was at Peekskill's Riverfront Green Park early Thursday evening with her first yoga class of the season as visitors enjoyed a comfortable summer venue with children playing in the park and Hudson River watchers enjoying the breeze.
"This is our first Discover Your Light class on the waterfront," Horton said as her group gathered. "We're just getting started. It's a great place to have a class and enjoy the park."
Horton's yoga classes are opened for more members. She can be reached through the Yoga Alliance website and by email at Mo2525@me.com.
The Peekskill train station emptied commuters with several moving to the Peekskill Brewery on South Water Street and others just pausing to rest after a day's work.
"It's nice to sit on a bench and watch the river move," Sidney Perry said. "I am from Cortlandt and come down here on summer nights. Peekskill has some good restaurants and sights."
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 2 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 3 Police Ask For Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek