PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Maureen Horton was at Peekskill's Riverfront Green Park early Thursday evening with her first yoga class of the season as visitors enjoyed a comfortable summer venue with children playing in the park and Hudson River watchers enjoying the breeze.
"This is our first Discover Your Light class on the waterfront," Horton said as her group gathered. "We're just getting started. It's a great place to have a class and enjoy the park."
Horton's yoga classes are opened for more members. She can be reached through the Yoga Alliance website and by email at Mo2525@me.com.
The Peekskill train station emptied commuters with several moving to the Peekskill Brewery on South Water Street and others just pausing to rest after a day's work.
"It's nice to sit on a bench and watch the river move," Sidney Perry said. "I am from Cortlandt and come down here on summer nights. Peekskill has some good restaurants and sights."
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Cortlandt Mother Says Westchester County Jail Neglected Sick Son