MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. – The Hudson Valley Islamic Cultural Center (HVICC) in Mohegan Lake will mark Ramadan with several prayer services and activities today.
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Throughout Ramadan, Muslims around the world spend the daylight hours in a complete fast. During this time, Muslims are called to reevaluate their lives in light of Islamic guidance, make peace with others and strengthen ties with family and friends.
Activities at the HVICC begin at 7 p.m. Isha and Taraweeh prayer begins Thursday at 10 p.m. Ramadan officially begins Friday.
Hundreds of worshipers are expected at the HVICC, which has occupied the former 50,000-square-foot former Franciscan High School on a 7-acre site on Lexington Avenue since 2006.
- 1 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of Croton's Lacey Carr
- 2 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings