YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown's Hilltop Hanover Farm recently released its March event calendar.
- Seed Saving Planning Workshop – Saturday March 8, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Barn F. Join seed-saving expert Shanyn Segal to learn which plants to save and how to plan for storage. Fee $20 per person, $5 for children under age 12; online registration required at HilltopHanoverFarm.org.
- Starting Seedlings -- Saturday, March 15, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Barn F. Learn tips for starting your own seedlings for both vegetable or flower seeds. Fee $20 per person, $5 for children under age 12; online registration required at HilltopHanoverFarm.org.
- Couples Cooking – Friday March 21, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Barn F. Couples can join the guest chef and learn how to cook several healthy and delicious restaurant-quality recipes. Class is limited to 12 couples. Fee $95 per couple; online registration required at HilltopHanoverFarm.org/Events.
- Early Spring Hike – Saturday March 22, 10 a.m. – noon, Building C. Celebrate the beginning of spring with a guided trail tour.
- Spin- and Knit-In -- Saturday, March 22, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., in the farm house. Spinners and knitters, beginning or experienced are invited to gather in an informal atmosphere for a monthly spinning and knitting group. No fee or registration required.
- Vegetable Container Gardening – Saturday, March 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., Barn F. Short on space? Learn how to grow your plants and/or seeds in containers so that you can have fresh herbs and vegetables in just a few short weeks. Fee $20 per person, and $5 for children under age 12.
- New Volunteer Orientation – Saturday March 29, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Barn F. Spring is here, which means that Hilltop Hanover Farm is kicking into high gear. Our volunteers play a crucial role in making Hilltop Hanover so successful. Enjoy a tour of the farm and learn ways you can help make this our best year yet.
Hilltop Hanover Farm is located at 1271 Hanover Street in Yorktown Heights. For more information, residents can go to the Hilltop Hanover Farm website or call (914) 962-2368.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.