CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Several government offices are closed to celebrate the Presidents Day holiday, commemorating George Washington's birthday. According to the modern calendar, Washington's birthday takes place on Feb 22, but the holiday is always celebrated the third Monday in February.
Federal, state and local government offices are closed, including village of Croton and Buchanan offices and town of Cortlandt offices.
There is no school in the Hendrick Hudson, Lakeland or Croton-Harmon school districts.
Post offices and libraries, including the Croton and Hendrick Hudson free libraries, are closed.
The Metro-North Railroad operates on a Saturday schedule.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend