YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown's Support Connection recently announced a free educational forum on understanding a breast cancer pathology report.
The program, entitled “Understanding Your Breast Cancer Pathology Report” is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 29 at Northern Westchester Hospital Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center at 400 East Main St. in Mount Kisco. The event is open to the public.
The event is the 16th Educational Forum presented jointly by Support Connection and The Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center at Northern Westchester Hospital. Topics at the program will include "the pathologist’s role as a member of the caregiver’s team; the information the pathologist provides for the physician; the prognostic and therapeutic markers used, and what they mean," according to a press release
The forum will include speaker Thomas E. Higgins, MD, Chief of Pathology, Director of Laboratories and Director of Blood Bank & Transfusion Service at Northern Westchester Hospital. Higgins received his MD degree from George Washington University and trained in Pathology & Laboratory Medicine at Yale and Columbia.
To learn more about the program, residents can visit the Support Connection website or call (914) 962-6402.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'