CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Van Cortlandtville Historical society will host a tour of the Old St. Peter's Church and cemetery in Corltandt Sunday.
The church, which was built in 1766, served as a military hospital from 1781 through 1782.
The cemetery has more than 1,500 graves, including eight French soldiers from Rochambeau's army who died there. Many of the graves in the cemetery date back to the 18th Century.
The tour will be led by Bill and Leah Olsen of the Van Cortlandtville Historical Society.
The program is free and open to the public.
For more information, log on to http://yorktownhistory.org
Old St. Peter's Church is located at Locust Avenue and Oregon Road in Cortlandt.