CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Hudson Valley Hospital Center is offering classes on healthy cooking in April.
Hudson Valley Hospital Center’s Peter X. Kelly Teaching Kitchen offers the classes throughout the year and has special classes in April. The classes begin Monday, April 14. Part of the Hospital’s Harvest for Health program, the classes are for all ages for a fee of $15 per class.
The following is the schedule and description of classes provided by the hospital:
- Cooking the DASH Diet. Monday, April 14. 3-4:30 p.m. Led by the hospital's registered dietitian Stefanie Green. The DASH diet is based on research into the best dietary interventions to lower blood pressure and maintain heart health. Learn about delicious meals that can help you steer clear of high sodium processed foods.
- Healthy Alternatives to Fast Food. Tuesday, April 22. 4-5:30 p.m. Whether you have a weakness for french fries, potato chips, or fatty burgers, there’s an opportunity to improve your health without abandoning the comfort food. In this class, you’ll try out different ways to cook up familiar foods and learn just why the alternatives are better for you.
- Homemade Pizza. Saturday, April 26. 2-3:30 p.m.. There are an infinite number of ways to top pizza, and many of them will elevate the pie to gourmet status while also improving its nutritional profile. From homemade crust to great new ideas for making a perfectly balanced pizza, this weekend class will equip you with the tools to skip delivery and impress your friends and family. As a bonus, making your own pizza is great for getting kids involved in the kitchen!
For more information on classes, call 914-734-3780 or register online at the hospital website.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 5 Cortlandt Manor Man Charged With Menacing Good Samaritan, Police Say