WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Health Quest has announced that it will host a new program, "Mindfulness Based Stress and Pain Reduction" that will occur on-site at Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie on Monday evenings from Monday, April 14 through Monday, June 16 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
This eight-week program is designed to help people become more aware of their own ability to reduce pain, work with their fears and anxieties and cope with the stresses of everyday life. This program is designed as both a preventative measure and as a means of assisting people in learning how to live with (or without) long-term health problems.
It will be facilitated by Shelley Tatelbaum, MS, CGT, director and founder of the Center for Grief, Loss and Life Transition. The cost is $385 and includes materials.
The program is modeled on the stress reduction program at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, and Tatelbaum was a participant in the professional training program under the direction of founder Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn.
To make a reservation or to obtain more information, call (845) 471-5269. Seating is limited.
- 1 Popeyes Pub In Cortlandt Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Cortlandt