CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Croton's annual Earth Day celebration will take place on Sunday, May 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Croton Point Park.
The 2014 Westchester Earth Day award recipients will be honored at a ceremony at 1 p.m. The award winners are government, business, community and education leaders who have made outstanding contributions in protecting and preserving the environment.
The event will feature entertainment by Annie and the Natural Wonder Band and the Solar Punch Band, as well as environmental exhibits, a local farmers market, free raffles and a compost bin and rain barrel sale.
Parking and admission to the celebration are free. The event will be held rain or shine.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield