CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Croton's annual Earth Day celebration will take place on Sunday, May 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Croton Point Park.
The 2014 Westchester Earth Day award recipients will be honored at a ceremony at 1 p.m. The award winners are government, business, community and education leaders who have made outstanding contributions in protecting and preserving the environment.
The event will feature entertainment by Annie and the Natural Wonder Band and the Solar Punch Band, as well as environmental exhibits, a local farmers market, free raffles and a compost bin and rain barrel sale.
Parking and admission to the celebration are free. The event will be held rain or shine.
- 1 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Cortlandt Route 9 Detail
- 2 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls