CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Croton's annual Earth Day celebration will take place on Sunday, May 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Croton Point Park.
The 2014 Westchester Earth Day award recipients will be honored at a ceremony at 1 p.m. The award winners are government, business, community and education leaders who have made outstanding contributions in protecting and preserving the environment.
The event will feature entertainment by Annie and the Natural Wonder Band and the Solar Punch Band, as well as environmental exhibits, a local farmers market, free raffles and a compost bin and rain barrel sale.
Parking and admission to the celebration are free. The event will be held rain or shine.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop