CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The Croton Yacht Club will present its second educational seminar, “Secrets of the Deep” on Friday, April 4, at 7:30 p.m. at the club.
John Ladd from the state Department of Environmental Conservation's Hudson River Estuary Program and Hudson River National Estuarine Research Reserve will review results from the Hudson River bottom-mapping project that has been ongoing since 1998.
Ladd will discuss survey techniques, survey results and ongoing research focused on understanding how bottom-feeding fish use their habitat.
The event is free, and registration is not required.
An introduction to the mapping project can be found at http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/87303.html
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Cortlandt
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show