CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The Croton Yacht Club will present its second educational seminar, “Secrets of the Deep” on Friday, April 4, at 7:30 p.m. at the club.
John Ladd from the state Department of Environmental Conservation's Hudson River Estuary Program and Hudson River National Estuarine Research Reserve will review results from the Hudson River bottom-mapping project that has been ongoing since 1998.
Ladd will discuss survey techniques, survey results and ongoing research focused on understanding how bottom-feeding fish use their habitat.
The event is free, and registration is not required.
An introduction to the mapping project can be found at http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/87303.html
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 4 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Police Activity Results In Closure Of Route 6N