CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The Croton Yacht Club will present its second educational seminar, “Secrets of the Deep” on Friday, April 4, at 7:30 p.m. at the club.
John Ladd from the state Department of Environmental Conservation's Hudson River Estuary Program and Hudson River National Estuarine Research Reserve will review results from the Hudson River bottom-mapping project that has been ongoing since 1998.
Ladd will discuss survey techniques, survey results and ongoing research focused on understanding how bottom-feeding fish use their habitat.
The event is free, and registration is not required.
An introduction to the mapping project can be found at http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/87303.html
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 3 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 4 Peekskill Man Stopped For Speeding Charged With DWI Under Leandra's Law
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes