CORTLANDT, N.Y. – As residents hunt for the lowest price at the gasoline pumps, not all Cortlandt residents can agree on how best to handle local gas prices averaging $4 a gallon.
"They hurt us a lot, because one month it's around $4.29," said Croton Village and County Taxi driver Ahmed Akpinar. "Usually I go down to the airport. It's 50, 60 cents cheaper down there," he said.
Akpinar said gas is cheaper outside of Westchester, "even Queens."
Manuel Jarama, driver for Ecuataxi based in Ossining, said to him it makes no difference.
"They're almost quite the same," he said. "It's even for everybody. It hurts for everybody."
On Croton's Riverside Avenue, the least expensive gas was $4.09, and both Lukoil and Citgo sold at that price.
Gulf, by far, had the most expensive gas Friday afternoon, at $4.39.
The average gas price in New York, according to GasBuddy.com, is $3.94 a gallon for regular. The website lists Cortlandt's least expensive gas at $3.89, at the Sunoco on Sprout Brook Road and Albany Post Road. The most expensive gas was at Shell, at 3017 E. Main St., Cortlandt, at $4.15.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home