MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. – Home Depot said Wednesday it plans to hire an additional 10,000 seasonal workers nationwide for the spring. In total, the chain plans to hire about 80,000 seasonal employees for its busy spring season.
Paul Cacr, assistant manager of Mohegan Lake's Home Depot, said the additional hires are good news but that the Cortlandt store won't know until tomorrow if it will see additional hires this year, and how many.
Media relations staff at Home Depot's corporate headquarters in Atlanta did not immediately return calls for comment.
Home Depot has 2,256 stores in all 50 states and is the world's largest home-improvement retailer. Spread evenly over all the U.S. stores, the 80,000 seasonal associates would account for about 35 new hires per store.
- 1 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident
- 2 Cortlandt Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Cortlandt
- 4 Federal Agency Approves Controversial Algonquin Pipeline Expansion
- 5 Firefighters Battle Peekskill Blaze That Displaces 13